There is a nigh-legendary story of the first time I walked into a Starbucks. I and Kasagi were on the road and he pulled in a Starbucks.
Now, this was when the place first opened in Atlanta and I had no clue what this place was. I get my coffee in cafes, greasy-spoons and choke-n-pukes (fast food joints).
When we walked in to the place I looked at the little buckhead betty and said: "I want a large Cup o' Joe."
Betty blinked at me.
Then I looked at the massive menu and said: "Do you have coffee?"
Betty's brain began to engage.
"Look, I'll take a Large Coffee."
Barbie said: "We have Tall, Grande, and Vente"
I said: "Since those words all mean the same thing I guess you'll have to show me your cups." She held up a Large cup, a 50-gallon drum and a demitasse cup.
I took the tall... sometimes a man just wants a Cup o' Joe.
Wellllll, today Judylamb posted Starbucks' Personality/Drink Order Oracle... and let me tell you, it confirmed everything I knew to be true:
Behold the Oracle's wisdom:
Either you can't type or you mumble incoherently. If you actually walked into Starbucks and said you wanted a "Large Cup o' Joe" the employees would point and laugh. A reaction you're probably used to. Try again, this time input something that Starbucks actually serves.
Starbuck don't serve coffee...
Friday, July 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment