*migrated from tao_te_shen*
When I first created this journal it was to truly journalize what I saw and thought and to chronicle the advancement of my spirit through the learning process of finding peace and learning to be the kind of person we all should be.
As a result my other journal has been relegated to humor, movie stuff and 'updates'.
So, here's a real update. It's been a rough year, verytime I get my hands around one challenege, another appears. Sometimes it feels like a boxing match where I don't get to sit down between rounds. I just want to sit down, ya know?
This has led to irritibility and stress, which leads to me picking fights and fits of anger. My wife is a saint for putting up with me.
Today is better, much better in fact.
What do you think about when you are not focusing on your stresses and worries? Those things are the fields upon which you learn to discipline your mind and spirit.
We have to distinguish between discipline with a purpose and blind discipline. Discipline with a purpose is a means to an end and is healthy. Blind discipline does not have a purpose and becomes fanaticism. We must be disciplined, but not lose sight of our purpose.
The Purpose of our discipline is to learn to live in the now, to learn patience and to advance the spirit.
Peace.
Sunday, June 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment