Of shoes-and ships-and sealing wax- Of cabbages-and kings- And why the sea is boiling hot- And whether pigs have wings."
It has been two years since I moved into my house and I am pleased. It still feels new sometimes.
I challenge myself daily to let go of the old and bring newness to my life, my home and my family.
This is the house where I tried to save my marriage and failed. I see that when I look at the walls sometimes.
Life is a struggle, it makes life have flavor. Sometimes the flavor is sweet and sometimes it is bitter but it is the life we get and to waste it with worry and stress are a sin.
During my marriage and the relationship that followed, I suppressed a part of me for a long while. I suppressed this part of me because it was a part that did some bad things and hurt a lot of people and tended to be selfish. It was also the part of me that would kick down a mountain, that would give you the 'I know you want me' smile, that had not a single moment of doubt and had never known regret.
Being that guy is a balancing act and sometimes I want to retreat to the me I became when it came time to make amends for my past misdeeds. But that's not the real me. The real me is a little bit crazy, a guy who smiles and laughs easily, a guy that isn't afraid of you, your friends or any army you might have with you, he's a passionate lover and a passionate fighter. He's 50% hero and 50% bastard. He's the me that we tried to kill in therapy. He's the me that my friends deserve, my kids need and my enemies fear.
He's the man you see when you look at me. The one that I would see in your mirror.
And he's walking a road on fire.
Burn with me.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment