I saw it coming and I told you how it would go.
I prophesied the choreography from entry to exit.
I never gave you less than what you asked for.
Showing you the exit, I even showed you the list of names at the door.
I gave you a cross to nail your sins to and the nails and the hammer.
This ain't my first rodeo, and I'm sure it wasn't yours.
How many times will you do this?
Who will get the blame the next time?
I never lied to you.
Did you lie to yourself?
Did you ever watch a thief leave the scene of a crime?
They sneak out slowly, pretending they'll be back.
Then they protest the loudest when they get caught.
You didn't steal anything I didn't offer.
And while you offered, you never gave.
It wasn't mine to have, was it?
Just a game you play.
Did you know I can tell the future?
I told you what was coming and I told you how it would go.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I Like This .
ReplyDelete