Saturday, December 20, 2008

O for a Muse of fire, that would ascend. The brightest heaven of invention.

In 1974 my Papaw died. In 1982 my Mawmaw died. In 1985 I was married and spent almost 10 years with a cheating drug addict. In 1995 I lost my marriage, my job, and everything I had and slept in a car. In 1998 my ex-wife took my kids, I lost the woman I thought loved me, and my job. In 2006 I lost my second wife. This year I lost my job and my daughter went to jail. Money is tight, I might lose my house if things don't change. This year I took a chance and failed.

This is what the fire looks like. It burns.

There is one thing worse than killing me and that's hurting me. I have been hit by bare-knuckle boxers, stabbed, and shot at. Nothing crafted by man can hurt me unless I let it.

I am strong. I am very strong. Despite what you may have heard, I'm a good man and a damn strong one, sometimes though, you get lost in the process. I got lost.

I am sex covered in chocolate and will whisper things that will make your spine melt and my kiss will burn your soul. I can breath a word in a woman's ear and make her beg. I can look any man in the eye and he will step aside.

This is what the fire looks like. You can hurt me. You can take everything I have and I will spread these phoenixian wings and the tips will burn the corridors of the universe and make ash of your world.

I am eternal, invincible, unstoppable, and inevitable.

This is my world.

Burn with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment