Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Challenging Life

I have been very quiet in both my journals lately. This is because, as is typical of me, when something challenges us in our lives I have a tendency to keep silent about it until I feel it is resolved.

Through no fault of her own, my wife lost her job. The people she worked for got themselves into a financial bind and bounced two paychecks and then failed to pay Shell for another week.

On thursday I took Shell to the DOL to file for unemployment and took time out to be very threatening to her former boss. On friday her bosses brought me the money that was owed and they promised three week's severance.

Last night Shell had a really good interview and we're hoping it will be a good fit and that they will offer her the gig.

It has been a year. But, to put things into perspective, it has been a year where a lot of good has come from bad. It has been a year where my wife and I have learned a lot about each other through adversity and found that we still love each other and want to be with each other. It has been a year where my youngest child was brought into my home before further bad could be done to her. It has been a year where my wife and I have purchased our home. It has been a year where we learned our limitations and our strengths.

And it has been the year where I have begun to rise and advance my spirit, learning freedom and strength and patience. It's coming to me, slowly.

Life does not challenge us, we challenge life.

No comments:

Post a Comment