Tuesday, August 8, 2006

"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things:

Of shoes-and ships-and sealing wax- Of cabbages-and kings- And why the sea is boiling hot- And whether pigs have wings."

It has been a little over a week since we got moved in to the new house and I am pleased, if somewhat overwhelmed.

Part of moving in has been the cleansing nature of a new start. I challenge myself to let go of the old and bring newness to my life, my home and my family.

Heather and Rodney sorted out their problem. I agree with my wife that it would have been better if we'd never heard their was a problem. Sometimes it is better not to know, but it's my nature to want to know what is going on, even if it is bad news.

My time with my wife has grown sweeter and richer since moving in to the new house, yet there remains small pieces of baggage that I have to learn to put aside or to incorporate into my life.

Life is a struggle, it makes life have flavor. Sometimes the flavor is sweet and sometimes it is bitter but it is the life we get and to waste it with worry and stress are a sin.

The move and my breaking point the other day have awakened the part of me that I suppressed for a long while. I suppressed this part of me because it was a part that did some bad things and hurt a lot of people and tended to be selfish. It was also the part of me that would kick down a mountain, that would give you the 'I know you want me' smile, that had not a single moment of doubt and had never known regret.

Being that guy is a balancing act and sometimes I want to retreat to the me I became when it came time to make amends for my past misdeeds. But that's not the real me. The real me is a little bit crazy, a guy who smiles and laughs easily, a guy that isn't afraid of you, your friends or any army you might have with you, he's a passionate lover and a passionate fighter. He's 50% hero and 50% bastard. He's the me that we tried to kill in therapy. He's the me that my wife deserves, my kids need and my enemies fear.

And as you can tell, he's an egomaniac.

Peace, understanding and growth to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment