Sunday, August 6, 2006

I have reached my stress limit, all further stress can fuck right off.

You know, when I was a kid my biological father stalked us and threatened my grandparents and basically made our lives a living hell. There were days I would lay on the floor of my bedroom with my grandmother listening to my record player turned down low because my father was outside the house with a gun.

When I was 9 years old my grandfather, who was everything to me, had a heart attack and lay dying in front of me on the couch. I was too afraid to go to his funeral because then I would have to admit he was gone. For what seemed like weeks afterward my grandmother would pass out and wail when she woke up and realized my grandfather was dead. I hate the smell of smelling-salts because of this.

From age 11-14, I was sexually molested by a close family member until I finally realized I could say no. I still wake up some times thinking about it.

When I was 17 my grandmother had a stroke because of a needless accident when she was in the hospital for a heart attack. She died a few days later. I bawled like a baby.

My first wife cheated on me within a month of being married. Near as I can tell she repeated this every year just for fun.

Two years after my divorce my ex-wife took my kids from me. I didn't see them for 4 years. My youngest daughter was told that her step-father was her real father.

After that I descended into a cycle of self-hatred. I cheated on every woman I had a relationship with. I lied to everyone I knew.

Shell and I got married and for a moment it all spun down and stopped. For a moment it was wonderful.

My daughter Heather moved back in with her mother to get away from my rules, my ex-wife put her in jail.

My best friend betrayed me 5 times in 3 months.

DFACS took my youngest child and placed her in my house.

Last night Rodney (the father of my grandson) called to say that my daughter left him to 'find herself'.




I almost cried last night, but I didn't. There are days that I feel like I am in a fight and can't take a breath. Not anymore. I look back and I survived worse, much worse. There is nothing you can do to me that I haven't beaten.

If you want to hurt me, get in line.
If you want to betray me, get in line.
If you want to disappoint me, get in line.

I am 10-foot tall and bulletproof. I have survived it all. This too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment