It is a known fact, a well known one, that I find wisdom and enlightenment in everything. The craziest things speak to me and speak them back out. Last night I had beers with a dear friend and her (soon to be, I hope) girlfriend. We laughed a lot and cried a little and spoke on every subject known to man. At the end, Angela (my friend) said "They should make a movie about you."
I doubt I will ever be the subject of a movie. All I do is process things that I hear and pump them back out. But if they ever do, be sure and steal these lines from Supernatural:
Zachariah: All I'm saying is, it's how you look at it. Most folks live and die without moving anything more than the dirt it takes to bury them. You get to change things, save people, maybe even the world. All the while you drive a classic car and fornicate with women. This isn't a curse, it's a gift. So for God's sakes, Dean, quit whining about it. Look around: there are plenty of fates worse than yours. So you with me? You want to go steam yourself another latte, or are you ready to stand up and be who you really are?
Simple choice. Live and die without moving anything more than the dirt it takes to bury you and have a latte, or get to work changing things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment