Monday, June 1, 2009

This is how we begin

Closing time at the confessional
I close the doors
I'm headed home
One more sin
To nail upon the broken cross
This is how we begin

No one knows the confessor
No recognizes him
You leave your stories
and your worries
And head home again

I've fallen on my sword for you
A dozen times before
I wouldn't change a thing
I would do it again
To see you smile for an hour or two
This is how we begin

No one knows the confessor
No recognizes him
You leave your stories
and your worries
And head home again

Leonard Cohen will sing the hymns
And I'll listen in silence
You miss the me
That you wanted me to be
Your confessor for always
This is how we begin
This is how we begin

No one knows the confessor
No recognizes him
You leave your stories
and your worries
And head home again

No one knows the confessor
No recognizes him
You leave your stories
and your worries
And head home again

This is how we begin
This is how we begin

No comments:

Post a Comment