The muse pulled this out of me today. It doesn't have a melody yet, but a Sarah McLachlanesque vibe was going on in my head.
When push came to shove you made your choice
How will you measure the cost?
You will be a memory
And I remain immortal
I gave you all of me
But it was never enough for you to see
I would have given you everything if you'd only said the word
That you chose something unworthy was absurd
And now you've made your choice
How will you measure the cost?
You will be a memory
And I remain immortal
It's everyone else that has to make choices you say
But you're a slave to your nature, it's just your way
All I asked was honesty, but it was all a pack of lies
Now you can carry the truth to bed with you when the evening dies
Yes, now you've made your choice
How will you measure the cost?
You will be a memory
And I remain immortal
And now you've made your choice
How will you measure the cost?
You will be a memory
And I remain immortal
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment