Today I am 44 years old. I am neither old, nor young, but, instead, the perfect age for a man. I have accumulated wisdom and remain youthful enough to enjoy it. I know the words that will unlock a woman's heart, the means to turn tears to laughter, how to listen for heartache, and how to speak into silence without the stir of an echo.
I have begat children, loved women, fought men, and ridden great horses. These are the things of which a wonderful life is composed. My words have reached millions, I have written songs and sonnets. I have brought smiles and laughter. I would say it has been a complete life, but it has only just begun.
If the quality of a life is measured by those who love him and seek out his company (and surely it must be), then the value of this short season of my immortal existence is immeasurable. My friends are countless stars in my heaven.
Life, it gets under your skin, metaphorically speaking. You take one breath and have to have another.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment