Tuesday, October 14, 2008

You tell'em Wally

It is a well known fact that I find truth in the most bizarre places, act on moments of perfection, and find happiness in simple things. I am harder on myself than I need to be. I am my own worst critic.

I am learning.

I am learning to say: "I don't deserve your friendship -- much." I am learning to care about things that impact people's lives again. I am learning to care if a football team is winning. I am learning what it is to be human again. I am learning what it was that made Roy get up every day and fight the world for his grandson. I am learning to talk to God. For these things I am eternally grateful. We grow through giving, doing what is right, justice, truth, honor, and trying not to sound too pretentious while doing so (and failing miserably).

Today's simple truth comes from "Justice League" (2001)(Season 4, Episode 12) . In the story, the charter members of the Justice League fight an amalgam of Braniac and Lex Luthor, during the battle, they face "Justice Lord" versions of themselves, counterparts that attack their self of sense worth. There is a "Lorder" Eason in here somewhere, he doesn't think I'm worthy of the happiness I fight for, the life I live.

This quote is for him:

Lorder Flash: Slacker! Child! Clown! We have no place here among the world's greatest heroes.
The Flash: Says you! I got a seat at the big conference table. I'm gonna paint my logo on it!


I am an agent of change, I enter your life and nothing will ever be the same. I hope, profoundly, that when my life is done, that those changed by my presence will smile and laugh and remember only the things I did to make their lives better, and that my legacy will be one born of the good that I did. I am an agent of change, aren't we all?

Gonna go paint my logo on the big chair, now.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment